THE RIGHT WAY TO WATCH TELEVISION

Help Matt decide if he should
Watch, Delete, Rewatch, or Record Something New.

Applaud him or completely berate his choices!

Hit PLAY NOW

Monday, May 10, 2010

Now Playing

Hello fellow Tivo users, television fans (you can be in both categories, no fears), and others (hmm, interesting that you are here & reading my blog...a non TV Person/fan...again I say, hmmmmm)!

I sit here before you (this may have happened a long time ago..not before you were born but you might have had a birthday since this was written) typing my very first of what I hope to be many(yeah, yeah - it's called the LAZY and/or NOT ENOUGH TIME bug -- it's going around and there's no vaccine for it) posts about

[Insert Drumroll sound effect here]

CLEANING MY (<--Matt) TIVO

So you might be wondering Why among Who and possibly What...


Let's Start with the WHY:

Today is May 10, 2010 and as of tomorrow, I turn the ripe (but still young) age of 32.
I don't feel any different than I did when I turned 26-28 (in that range)..not that
I felt so much different than 23-25. I will say that I've become wiser about
the ways of the world but ever since I was 14, I knew I would be in entertainment.

When I just turned 30 (2008 for the Math People), I quit my job waiting tables (that's what us entertainment people do) and decided to make my 1st feature film. That entire process took about 2 years
and I still want to submit the film to more film festivals plus shop it around (HBO? Showtime? AMC? TBS?)
and sell it possibly through a distributor but it seems that the film might be seen by more people
if I sold it myself through the available tools online: iTunes, netflix, video on demand, amazon , createspace, etc.

Okay, Okay so you made a film ..what does that have to do with a blog about cleaning your tivo?
Good point. I just ate a black & white cookie while drinking some green tea (so you can see
I'm very healthy!) & I've tried to make blogs before (still have some up that I sometimes update)
including one about my tivo habits. Over the years I've followed Alan Sepinwall who has his
own great blog and now a podcast all about television. I am interested in doing something similar
yet still different & unique [with this blog] because my viewing habits (I'll try to stay up to date but will also have a mix of many tv shows, movies and other tv events/showings that aired at different times..) will dictate what appears on  this blog AND I will listen to you out there (mostly - Of course if many people think I should watch something & I can't take it...well, let's just say my suffering can only go on for so long!).

I like creating and between making films & watching them along with what's on TV, the Web,  + other media...this Blog is perfect for me in my life and if it helps others or just gives them some daily fodder/
entertainment value as well as help me decide how to manage my tivo, television viewing habits and other entertainment related stuff - then I say COOL, people of earth, COOL!

So Now I'm going to CHEAT for you and GOOGLE the next two answers:

The WHO:

Matthew Rappaport, 31 until Midnight, from Long Island (don't hate us all...) & living in the SUPER clean
borough of Queens in New York City (okay so I typed this 1st sentence myself).

Well my Google Buzz Page comes up and says: Actor, writer, director and online marketer 


Okay so google has a lot of links but no articles --- I went to school for theatre & have
been worki..struggling like most actors do. I've had a drop of success but you still
don't know who I am which is A-Okay with me - I'm happy you're reading my blog, seriously!
I love dogs and cats aren't bad either..mostly (What? I watch movies..black cats = AHHH).


You'll get to know me and I'll court you through this blog! Let's do it..


**WOH WOH WOH...how about the WHAT?! What are we "doing"?


The WHAT:


I basically explained it - I will type about my Tivo habits like right now
an older episode of The Colbert Report is paused on some commercial
, ask for your opinions via polls, comments, email, social networks, other and
also post about other things that I'm doing related to media and thoughts...
possibly post some cool links and gems...a potpourri of so much fun!
Who knows...I might even get my own Clean Matt's Tivo Podcast going as well.
But first things first -- I must go dive into my Tivo as I have a ton of stuff waiting 
for me to watch and write about. 


Hope you enjoy the blog, the month of May, Memorial Day weekend and many of you (not me just yet) already enjoyed Iron Man 2 - I know, I saw the weekend numbers. 
I saw CITY ISLAND with Andy Garcia which premiered in last year's Tribeca Film Fest (2009)
and it's a MUST SEE. Steven Strait who plays Garcia's son is a standout and hopefully
he gets offered roles from this film. I will put up a separate post about that too..yup, POTPOURRI BABY!

Artigos Relacionados

0 comments:

Total Pageviews